Talent Development Secondary
Field Manager—New York City Please contact Maxine Wood, Chief Operating Officer for Talent Development Secondary, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
About Talent Development Secondary
Over the past decade, Talent Development Secondary has developed and validated a comprehensive set of organizational, instructional and professional development supports that are designed to help all students be engaged, achieve, and advance from grades 6-12 and to graduate ready for college and career. Talent Development works with schools and school districts to determine which of these supports will most effectively enhance and extend local initiatives. Talent Development also work with schools and school districts to implement comprehensive supports across grades 6 to 12 or within particular grade spans 5-8 or 9-12. Talent Development Secondary is slated to work with at least 2 schools in New York City over the next two years.
The Field Manager is responsible for the overall management of implementation of the Talent Development Secondary model in his/her assigned geographical areas. This includes oversight of logistics, supervision for school based facilitators (including school-based Transformation Facilitators), and coordination of personnel to provide delivery of high quality services as outlined in contracts. The Field Manager is also responsible for building local financial and community support for the model, and in Diplomas Now sites, serves as the representative of TD on the local leadership team with the executive directors of CIS and CY. The Field Manager will provide some direct service in areas of teaming, organizational, and operational support and technical assistance.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships with principals and schools to ensure effective program implementation. Works collaboratively with Regional Directors to develop and sustain collaboration with representatives from districts, teachers’ unions, local education reform agencies, and other stakeholders that impact the implementation of the Talent Development model.
- Assists with completion of contracts between schools/Districts and JHU. Supports Regional Manager in securing public or private funding for implementation of the TD program (Ex. Identifying funding sources, grant writing process, etc.)
- Facilitates establishment of local networks among TD schools and school leadership and staff.
- Coordinates local training sessions or conferences, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with district and third party vendors to set up early warning data systems in TD schools.
- Coordinates data collection with third party evaluator and district for DN sites supported by I-3.
- In collaboration with local DN executive team members (CY and CIS) completes a Diplomas Now Mid-Year Self-assessment for each DN site.
- Provides direct professional development and technical assistance in assigned schools in coordination with school-based Transformation Facilitators on topics such as Freshman Seminar, Early Warning Indicator (EWI) work, teaming , academy and team leaders, Tier 1 interventions, other.
- Supervises school transformation facilitators at their schools to monitor performance, progress, and opportunities for improvement and growth. Establishes and implements plans for professional development for their cities or districts (both group plans and individual employee plans) in accordance with JHU policies.
- Has primary responsibility for interviewing and training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving issues related to TDS staff in assigned schools.
- Leads analysis of data on current implementation at assigned sites in cities and districts, and provides input in creation of individual school transformation plans.
- Ensures that implementation check-ins are scheduled for each school to monitor progress and adjust technical support.
- Enables the elements of TD Secondary to work in concert at each site and in each district within the specific area to achieve and sustain highly effective implementation. Supports and troubleshoot implementation of the model at assigned schools in conjunction School Based Transformation Facilitator, Regional Director, as well as the assigned JHU facilitators team.
- Works with each School Based Transformation Facilitator on data collection and analyses including Data Collection Service (DCS) and climate surveys.
- Aligns local and TD calendars for Technical Assistance visits and Professional Development.
- Participates in the preparation and delivery of national, regional or district professional development.
- Cooperates with Regional Director to develop local action plans to support the growth and effective implementation of the Talent Development Secondary model.
- Participate in on-going professional growth plan and activities as determined by needs of cities and districts lead and designed in collaboration with Regional Director.
- Supports and assists school-based Transformation Facilitators with completion of the TDS materials ordering process, including accountability, invoicing, etc. Assumes primary responsibility for this process in the absence of an assigned school-based Transformation Facilitator.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships.
- Exceptional ability to communicate.
- Strong time, project and budget management skills
- Demonstrated creativity
- Proven mentorship, coaching, and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with diverse constituencies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Some advanced graduate work in area of educational leadership, business administration or related area desirable.
- Three to five years successful experience with Talent Development or other secondary reform models.